The items on the Public Release Forms of the Government High School Assessment represent a fair measure of the Social Studies Core Learning Goals for Government Political Systems, Peoples of the Nation and World, Geography, and Economics. Users of these items should take into consideration the following information:
- All items have been taken from previously field tested forms, have produced good psychometric data, and are statistically reliable.
- Each form is approximately 30 minutes shorter than the version students will take during a formal test administration because the forms do not include field test items.
- There are items of all difficulty levels (easy, medium, and hard) on the public release forms.
- Each item represents only one way to measure an indicator.
- The items measure students' skills and knowledge of content as directed by the Core Learning Goal indicators as designated for the Government High School Assessment.
- All item formats selected response, brief constructed response, and extended constructed response are represented.