2013 Academy Calendar
MSDE will conducted 11 regional Educator Effectiveness Academies during the summer of 2013.
Agenda and Outcomes
SPRING FOLLOW UP FOR THE 2013 ACADEMY
Outcomes for the 2013 Academy
- Build internal capacity for full implementation the Maryland Common Core State Curriculum and STEM Education:
- Mathematics and English/language arts — Understand the implications of the shifts in instruction; examine the PARCC resources; and apply best practices to maximize student learning;
- Disciplinary Literacy — Understand the implications of the literacy shifts in instruction; identify the best practices that maximize student learning; and identify the interdisciplinary connections of the MD CCSS with the Next Generation Science Standards and with the College, Career, and Civic Life Framework in social studies;
- STEM Education — Develop an understanding of how Maryland State STEM Standards of Practice can be incorporated across all disciplines and how they are aligned with college and career ready standards;
- Develop an understanding of the structure, content, and resources available in the Race-to-the-Top online portal that support implementation of ELA, Mathematics, STEM, and Disciplinary Literacy;
- Create a school transition plan to guide school staff to fully implement the Maryland Common Core State Curriculum, STEM Education, and the Educator Evaluation System.