The 2011 Educator Effectiveness Academies provided educators an awareness of the necessity to prepare students to enter the national and global STEM workforce.
The participants were engaged in activities focused on the why, what, and how of Maryland STEM education. Activities included an analysis of the national STEM crisis, and hands-on inquiry-based lessons that included standards matching. Participants developed and shared sample STEM lessons. Additionally, the participants discussed strategies for the development of STEM Professional Learning Communities to increase collaboration between stakeholders.
- Overview of STEM Lessons
- STEM Lesson Template for Elementary School
- STEM Lesson Template for Middle and High School
- Common Questions and Answers when Planning STEM Lessons
- STEM Day 3 PowerPoint
- Professional Learning Communities: Building Blocks for School Culture and Student Learning
- STEM Teachers in Professional Learning Communities: A Knowledge Synthesis
- Team Up for 21st Century Teaching and Learning