Mental and Emotional Health:
Mental and Emotional Health
Standard 1.0 Mental and Emotional Health
Students will demonstrate the ability to use mental and emotional health knowledge, skills, and strategies to enhance wellness.
- 1. Recognize appropriate methods of communication.
- Identify methods of communication appropriate for specific situations.
- Demonstrate appropriate methods of communication.
- 1. Examine emotions and responses to various situations.
- Demonstrate the meaning of emotion.
- Categorize other words that mean happy, upset, calm, and surprised.
C. Components of well being
- 1. Identify components to promote personal well-being.
- Name two cooperation skills.
- Predict what it feels like to work cooperatively with others in a group.
D. Decision Making
- 1. Identify choices available in order to make a decision.
- Choose factors that influence making decisions.
E. Character Traits
- 1. Identify positive and negative character traits contributing to one’s uniqueness.
- Describe positive character traits of friends.
- Explain how being a good friend demonstrates positive character.
- Identify positive and negative traits of characters in media.
- 1. Recognize the factors associated with stress experienced in the family.
- Describe examples of family stressors.
- Demonstrate reactions to stressful situations.
- Identify stress management skills and strategies.