Mental and Emotional Health:
Mental and Emotional Health
Standard 1.0 Mental and Emotional Health
Students will demonstrate the ability to use mental and emotional health knowledge, skills, and strategies to enhance wellness.
- 1. Recognize and apply effective communication skills.
- Analyze barriers to effective communication.
- Utilize/model strategies to overcome barriers when communicating information, ideas, emotions, and opinions.
- Evaluate effective communication in everyday situations.
C. Components of Personal Well-being
- 1. Apply the components of personal well-being to develop lifelong wellness skills and strategies.
- Explain the importance of assuming responsibilities of personal health behavior.
- Compose a personal health goal and measure progress towards its achievement.
- Devise a plan that addresses personal strengths, needs, and health risks.
I. Personal Goals
- 1. Implement a strategy and evaluate progress toward achieving personal goals.
- Identify the importance of setting goals.
- Explain how changing information, abilities, priorities, and responsibilities influence personal goals.
- Evaluate strategies, skills and resources that are used to achieve personal goals.
- Develop a goal to adopt, maintain or improve a personal wellness habit.
- Construct a plan to achieve a personal wellness goal.
- 1. Identify potential destructive behaviors.