Standard 1.0 Knowledge of Algebra, Patterns, and Functions
A. Patterns and Functions
- 2. Identify, copy, and extend non-numeric patterns
- Match patterns kinesthetically such as: clap/snap/clap...
- Recognize simple patterns
- Represent simple repeating patterns using no more than 2 different objects, and different actions in the core of the pattern
- Continue a simple pattern
- Create a simple pattern of 2 different objects when given the rule
- Identify patterns in real-world situations
B. Expressions, Equations, and Inequalities
- 2. Identify inequalities
- Explore relationships by comparing groups of no more than 5 objects to determine more or less
Note: Highlighted assessment limits will be tested in the no calculator section of MSA. In the assessment limit, (0-10) or (-10 to 10) means all numbers in the problem or the answer will fall within the range of 0 to 10 (including endpoints) or -10 to 10 (including endpoints), respectively. All content standards are tested in MSA but not all objectives. Objectives that have an assessment limit are tested on MSA. Objectives without an assessment limit are not tested on MSA.