State Curriculum Toolkit
Tools aligned to State Curriculum indicators and/or objectives.
- Sample Assessments
Items and annotated student responses as appropriate
Standard 5.0 Physical Activity
Students will demonstrate the ability to use the principles of exercise physiology, social psychology, and biomechanics to design and adhere to a regular, personalized, purposeful program of physical activity consistent with their health, performance, and fitness goals in order to gain health and cognitive/academic benefits.
- Calculate personal level of aerobic capacity/cardiorespiratory fitness through a systematic approach using a standardized fitness test.
- Compare and perform various aerobic and anaerobic activities and the effect on heart rate.
- Compare various methods for measuring heart rate such as: an instapulse or a stethoscope.
- Categorize and demonstrate the three parts of an aerobic workout including warm-up, aerobic phase, and cool down.
B. Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Calculate personal level of muscular strength and muscular endurance through a systematic approach using a standardized fitness test.
- Categorize muscular strength and muscular endurance activities.
- Organize and use muscular strength and muscular endurance tasks for specific muscle groups of the upper body.
- 1. Analyze individual flexibility.
- 1. Identify body composition.
May 27, 2009