Standard 6.0 Listening
Students will demonstrate effective listening to learn, process, and analyze information.
- 1. Demonstrate active listening strategies
- Attend to the speaker
- 2. Comprehend and analyze what is heard
- Determine a speaker's general purpose
- Identify rhythms and patterns of language, including rhyme and repetition
- Demonstrate an understanding of what is heard by retelling and relating prior knowledge
- Follow a set of two- or three-step directions
- Listen carefully to expand and enrich vocabulary
Indicators/objectives that include assessment limits are assessed on MSA *New Standards identifies the need for students to process 1 million words per year to maintain academic progress.