Standard 7.0 Speaking
Student will communicate effectively in a variety of situations with different audiences, purposes, and formats.
- 1. Use organization and delivery strategies
- Speak clearly enough to be heard and understood in a variety of settings
- Use verbal and non-verbal techniques useful in communication, such as volume and/or gestures
- 2. Make oral presentations
- Speak in a variety of situations to inform and/or relate experiences, including retelling stories
- State a position and support it with reasons
- Participate in dramatic presentations
- Plan and deliver effective oral presentations
- Use props when appropriate
Indicators/objectives that include assessment limits are assessed on MSA *New Standards identifies the need for students to process 1 million words per year to maintain academic progress.