Standard 7.0 Speaking
Student will communicate effectively in a variety of situations with different audiences, purposes, and formats.
- 1. Use organization and delivery strategies at an appropriate level
- Demonstrate appropriate volume, articulation, enunciation, intonation, pacing, timing, and stress
- Demonstrate appropriate timing
- Use appropriate non-verbal techniques to enhance communications
- Eye contact
- Facial expressions
- 2. Make oral presentations
- Speak in a variety of situations to inform and/or relate experiences, including retelling stories
- State a position and support it with reasons
- Participate in dramatic presentations
- Plan and deliver effective oral presentations
- Use props when appropriate
Indicators/objectives that include assessment limits are assessed on MSA *New Standards identifies the need for students to process 1 million words per year to maintain academic progress.