Standard 7.0 Speaking
Student will communicate effectively in a variety of situations with different audiences, purposes, and formats.
- 1. Demonstrate appropriate organizational strategies and delivery techniques to plan for a variety of oral presentation purposes
- Identify the purpose, audience, and setting for a presentation
- Identify the needs and perspectives of the audience
- Select and plan for appropriate use of visual aids
- Select the topic of an oral presentation
- Gather/construct adequate support
- Identify and use a variety of organization structures such as narrative, cause and effect, chronological order, description, main idea and detail, problem/solution, question/answer, comparison and contrast
Indicators/objectives that include assessment limits are assessed on MSA *New Standards identifies the need for students to process 1 million words per year to maintain academic progress.