Standard 7.0 Speaking
Student will communicate effectively in a variety of situations with different audiences, purposes, and formats.
- 1. Demonstrate appropriate organizational strategies and delivery techniques to plan for a variety of oral presentation purposes
- Select the purpose and format for an oral presentation
- Evaluate the needs and perspectives of the audience
- Anticipate and effectively answer listener concerns and counter arguments through the inclusion and arrangement of details, reasons, examples, and other elements
- Use a variety of organization structures, such as narrative, cause and effect, chronological order, description, main idea and detail, problem/solution, question/answer, comparison and contrast, and contrast that are appropriate to the purpose and topic
Indicators/objectives that include assessment limits are assessed on MSA *New Standards identifies the need for students to process 1 million words per year to maintain academic progress.