State Curriculum Toolkit
Tools aligned to State Curriculum indicators and/or objectives.
- Introduction for Standard or Indicator
Standard 2.0 Earth/Space Science
Students will use scientific skills and processes to explain the chemical and physical interactions (i.e., natural forces and cycles, transfer of energy) of the environment, Earth, and the universe that occur over time.
- 2. Recognize that there is a relationship between the sun and the earth.
- 1. Describe observable changes in water on the surface of the Earth.
- 2. Describe that some events in nature have repeating patterns.
- Observe and compare day-to-day weather changes.
- Observe, record, and compare weather changes from month to month.
- Compare temperatures and type and amount of precipitation across the months.
- Identify the impact of weather changes on daily activities.
- Identify and describe patterns of weather conditions based on data collected.