State Curriculum Toolkit
Tools aligned to State Curriculum indicators and/or objectives.
- Introduction for Standard or Indicator
Standard 2.0 Earth/Space Science
Students will use scientific skills and processes to explain the chemical and physical interactions (i.e., natural forces and cycles, transfer of energy) of the environment, Earth, and the universe that occur over time.
A. Materials and Processes That Shape A Planet
- 1. Investigate objects and materials in the environment.
- Observe and describe a variety of natural and human-made objects found in familiar environments (school, neighborhood, etc.).
- Examine and describe Earth materials.
- Using examples, describe that objects and materials, such as trees, rocks, and hills on Earth's surface can change.
- 2. Investigate and gather information about changes in weather.