State Curriculum Toolkit
Tools aligned to State Curriculum indicators and/or objectives.
- Introduction for Standard or Indicator
- Public Release Items
Actual MSA items and annotated student responses as appropriate
Standard 6.0 Environmental Science
Students will use scientific skills and processes to explain the interactions of environmental factors (living and non-living) and analyze their impact from a local to a global perspective.
B. Environmental Issues
- 1. Recognize and explain how human activities can accelerate or magnify many naturally occurring changes.
- Based on data from research identify and describe how natural processes change the environment.
- Identify and describe how human activities produce changes in natural processes:
- Climate change
- Loss of habitat due to construction
- Hunting and fishing
- Introduction of nonnative species
- Cycling of matter
Note: Highlighting identifies assessment limits. All highlighted Indicators will be tested on the Grades 5 and 8 MSA. The highlighted Objectives under each highlighted Indicator identify the limit to which MSA items can be written. Although all content standards are tested on MSA, not all Indicators and Objectives are tested. Objectives that are not highlighted will not be tested on MSA, however are an integral part of Instruction.