These key understandings will help school teams use the Classroom-Focused Improvement Process (CFIP) to improve teaching and increase student learning.
SUGGESTED NORMS FOR COLLABORATIVE DATA ANALYSIS
- Arrive at all meetings on time and with all needed materials.
- Start and end the meeting on time.
- At least three days prior to the meeting, distribute an agenda identifying the data to be analyzed and what participants should bring with them to the data-analysis meeting.
- Score all assessments and compile and display the results prior to the meeting so that the data are ready to be analyzed.
- Support colleagues by asking clarifying questions. Criticism of any kind is inappropriate.
- Cast no blame. Use data solely to help teachers determine how to teach more effectively.
- Approach data analysis as a learner. There are no "right" or "wrong" analyses.